OK. What have I learned from the past 2 days? Did a survey and good to find out that I'm a Behavioral type decision maker. Behavioral type decision makers usually will consider PEOPLE first when making decisions. Also, they prefer "soft" data to "hard" data. FEELING is considered as soft data. Ops,this is absolutely truly me and I know this kind of 感性 leader isn't a good leader though. Too much considerations might be an obstacle to make a good decision. The instructor asked me any difficult decision you have made so far? hmm buying a car can consider as a harder one? Perhaps, to me it is because this is the most expensive thing I bought in my life so far and so hard to get my dad's approval before I go for it. haha maybe 50k is nothing to some people out there lo. Other than that, I dont think I have made any big + wrong decision for the past 26 yrs of my personal life. At least I'm not regret on taking IT to further my studies 9 yrs ago. In work life, nonetheless there are few but I only can remember one clearly. As what Steven said during sharing session, There is no 100% perfect decision but We should always learn from mistake!
Next, Time Management Technique. I had attended a similar course last year if i'm not mistaken. Cant remember exactly what had been taught by the instructor (**sorry to say that :( ) but I did pratice the task prioritize method for about 1 month plus. Argh,I wish I could be a more persistent and patience person too but I failed most of the time. During yesterday discussion, the instructor has thrown us or maybe to me only a tough question 'What is the goal of your life?' and asked us to present it to everyone. Sigh Seriously, I have never thought of that and this could be the reason why I hate IDP so much where question like 'What do you see yourself in 5 yrs time' been asked. End up, I told him I just want to have a simple and happy life and traveling around the world in the future. I know they are poverty of ambition and aspiration but I dont care. Who said personal goal must has to be a millionaire or a CEO for a company or high level executive people? Anyhow, personal goals always change from time to time. Probably my goals change to be a good mother and good housewife few years later. Who knows wo?
Overall, this kind of softskill training is always a boring one but I enjoyed all the quiz and games with teammates and instructor. From there you could think and learn too. Erm, just curious how many of us will apply all these theories into real working life?? Okie, lets see how long I can sustain to use the 4th generation time management method - Covey's Prioritizing Management Matrix to prioritize my job. haha Looking forward for the next sessions on August!
My favourite deserts corner
1 comment:
i also wanna eat....
when will we going for buffet again????
Post a Comment